Online / Hybrid Course Redesign
The Academic Technology department is accepting proposals for 2 stipends to fund the redesign of an online or hybrid course. The successful applicants will commit to an 8 week process that will review the current course and work with the Instructional Designer to implement the changes as agreed upon.
Email Dee Thornton, Director of Academic Technology at email@example.com by November 6, 2017. In the email, please include the following:
- Course Name
- Description – describe the course you would like to target for the re-design (provide course description, student demographics, etc)
- Target Student Population
- Semester that course was most recently offered
- Semester that the course will be offered
- Statement of Commitment: Include a brief statement acknowledging that to receive the $ grant you will work with the Instructional Designer to evaluate a current online or hybrid course and re-design the course for an upcoming semester.
- The course re-design is an 8 week commitment.
- Faculty will meet with the Instructional Designer to evaluate current course and discuss re-design based on OLC (Online Learning Consortium) standards and Universal Design best practices.
- Work with the Instructional Designer to implement course re-design elements, including:
- Completion of Course Developer Course Map
- Development of a learner-centered syllabus
- Development of course learning outcomes
- Linking of these outcomes to specific assessments designed to examine the effectiveness of the redesign
- Identify and develop appropriate learning activities to support the course re-design
- Offer course in an upcoming Spring 2018 semester
- After course offering, meet with Instructional Designer to evaluate course.
- Up to 2 course re-designs awards will be announced on November 7, 2017.
- Each faculty member will receive $1500 award after the completion of the course redesign. (redesign process must be completed prior to June 30, 2018)