Also in this site…
- Dates to Remember
- Professional Development
- Annual Evaluation of Faculty Activities
- Important Documents & Forms
- Awards for Excellence
- Faculty Resources
Office of Academic Affairs Hiring & Employment Faculty InformationAccreditation Leadership & Staff Contact Us
Faculty Leadership Faculty Jobs Academic Calendar Office of the Provost University Leadership About Jacksonville University University Rankings
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Intellectual Property Policy (PDF)
- Office Hours Policy
- Outside Employment Policy
- Associated Outside Employment form
- Overload Policy (PDF)
- Advances in technology make it easier than ever before for faculty to maintain and develop meaningful professional relationships with students. The University values quality teaching and the faculty-student relationships engendered by meaningful educational contact outside the classroom.
- Faculty are encouraged to be routinely accessible to students through multiple modalities – i.e., in person during traditional office hours, before or after class, via text, telephone, skype, FaceTime, and via other means. If you wish to post specified office hours for students which outline when you are available, I encourage you to do so.
- Include faculty contact information and contact preferences in course syllabi and be sure to discuss with students.