Office of Academic Affairs
Mission and Objectives
The Office of the Provost provides vision, leadership, and oversight for all areas related to Academic Affairs in order to ensure that the quality of student education is a top priority in all decision-making. The Office of the Provost is also responsible for the recruitment, hiring, and support of faculty members and college administrators. Accomplished through a system of shared and collegial governance, this mission is executed by:
- determining academic priorities for the University.
- working collaboratively with Admissions and Enrollment Management.
- optimizing support for faculty development.
- managing tenure and promotion processes.
- interpreting personnel policies equitably, correctly, and consistently.
- facilitating experiential learning initiatives and student engagement.
- fostering intellectual curiosity.
- promoting the importance of inclusion, diversity, and accessibility.
- providing budgetary support for faculty members, academic units, and academic programming.
- stewarding fiscal responsibility while being attentive to the needs of the University’s academic community.
Areas of Oversight
- Academic Advising Center
- Academic Technology
- Adult Degree Program
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Colleges & Schools
- Experiential Learning Programs
- University Honors & Scholars Programs
- Institutional Effectiveness & Research
- Nathan M. Bisk Center for Professional Studies
- Office of Research & Sponsored Programs