Although some of our students come to us because they think they need
help with their writing, most of our tutees come because they are
referred to us by an instructor. Here is what you can expect from the
- Our tutors are drawn from a variety of majors and hence may not
speciialize in the discipline of the student they are working with.
They are trained in writing tutoring, though, and will hence focus on
the style, mechanics, organization, and integrated research of the essay
(without focusing on content, except as it relates to the essay's
- Tutors will send instructor feedback forms out via email
- Students who come to the Writing Center multiple times do not always
see the same tutor. The Center does, however, keep a daily log of
student sign-ins and can refer back to previous email receipts.
- Tutors are willing to fill out any individual form you may send with
the student and/or sign essays to certify they have been reviewed.
- Hours for the Writing Center are posted on this website and on the
Writing Center door. Although the Writing Center strives to maintain an
accurate schedule, occasional difficulties arise. If the Writing
Center must close unexpectedly, students with a scheduled appointment
will be contacted for a rescheduled appointment.
- If you are a distance learning instructor or student, essays can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback will be provided by a tutor during center downtime… please allow up to 48 hours for a response.