Boasting a 32,000 square-foot LEED GOLD-certified Marine Science Research Institute (MSRI), a state-of-the-art floating classroom, and the vast natural laboratories in northeast Florida, Jacksonville University offers an unprecedented hands-on research experience that designed to foster success in undergraduate and postgraduate fields.
With a strong foundation in biology, the program also incorporates elements of chemistry, physics and physical science, as well as life sciences to help further students’ knowledge of the environment, including sustainable practices to preserve the future. Industry professionals in the MSRI perform diverse studies of local freshwater, estuarine and saltwater conditions, then work closely with professors and students to connect concepts in the classroom with applications in the workplace.
Additionally, the city of Jacksonville is a prominent source of maritime internship and employment that extends far beyond local and regional scales and into the national and international market. The aquatic diversity of North Florida’s ecosystems allows for extensive examination of marine processes and is relevant to other investigations and reports around the world.
CHARTER DAY 2016
Thanks to all the volunteers,
Late Bloomers Garden Club and
Bob Chabot from JaxZoo
JU is now Tree Campus USA!!
Marine Science Summer Camp 2016
Clink on the link below to register:
Jacksonville University Alumni with Dr. Quinton White
July 30-August 10, 2016
- View the incredible sights of geysers and towering waterfalls.
- Stand on the rift of the European and North American tectonic plates at Þingvellir.
- Visit one of Iceland’s most well-known cascades, Gullfoss waterfall.
- Sample the freshest seafood Iceland has to offer during a Viking sushi tour.
- Go on a whale-watching trip with the chance to spot humpback, blue and minke whales.
- Relax in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon.
Iceland Flyer JU Alumni.pdf