- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Career Advisor Graduate Assistant
Thisjob is no longer available.
Career Resource Center
The Career Resource Center serves as a professional resource to help students explore and realize their career inspirations and passions. As a member of a dynamic team committed to student success, the Graduate Assistant will share the innovative, entrepreneurial spirit needed to continue building a student-centered, results-oriented department. As the Graduate Assistant, will assist with career advising, outreach and program coordination. To be successful in this position, the Graduate Assistant is expected to be familiar with and implement best practices in Career Services as recognized throughout higher education. This is a 10-month, graduate student position, reporting to the Assistant Director-Student Engagement of the Career Resource Center.
Essential Job Duties
A graduate student would gain experience in student advising and outreach, program coordination, event planning, marketing, and execution.
STUDENT ADVISING AND OUTREACH
- Create presentations and present workshops on common career topics (example: ePortfolio and Internships) and for targeted audiences (example: student athletes and graduating seniors)
- Manage outreach tracker to include tracking student outreach workshops, presentations and classroom visits and coordinating presenters
- Provide individual career advising to assist students with resume writing, job and internship search, mock-interviews
EVENT PLANNING, MARKETING AND EXECUTION
- Serve as primary liaison for marketing event, program and workshops to students and alumni
- Organize annual Career Expo Prep series as well as the Senior Series
- Support Assistant Director with execution of student Career Track programs, outreach, workshops and Signature Events, Map Your Major and the Career Expo.
- Creatively market programs and events to maximize student attendance
- Maintain office social media accounts for up-to-date/minute information dissemination
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays;
- Admission to – as well as continuous enrollment and satisfactory academic progress at University of North Florida or Jacksonville University;
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Demonstrated leadership in the college and university setting;
- High level of comfort with frequent student contact, and being accessible outside of traditional office hours;
- Knowledge of database management and Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to successfully balance and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment with attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills.
The timeframe is August 1 – May 31, 2017.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a letter of application, professional resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Career Development Center
Electronic Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should include “Career Resource Graduate Assistant” in the subject line of their electronic mail message. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted prior to August 1, 2017. Review of candidate credentials will commence immediately, and will continue until the positions are filled.
Jacksonville University actively seeks application from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and the academic experience. EOE.