- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Proctor and Office Assistant
Proctor and Office Assistant
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Science
This part-time (Monday and Thursday) position assists in the administration of internal and external placement tests, assessment tests and course exams for the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Science (BRCHS). Job will also include Office Assistant responsibilities as appointed by the Front Desk Coordinator. Duties include answering and directing incoming phone calls, answering inquiries along with taking and relaying messages. Warmly welcomes students and visitor, answering basic questions regarding the College. Assist in the distribution of mail, supports faculty and staff with basic administrative tasks such as making photocopies, sending/receiving of faxes. Deliver or retrieve materials around campus.
Essential Job Duties
Proctor a variety of tests and provide administrative support, including but not limited to:
- Arranging testing sessions for special needs students based on KSON needs. Entails becoming familiar with course schedules.
- Maintain quiet atmosphere for testing.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, test logs and other test
- Must be vigilant - able to pay close attention to cheating or prevention of cheating; able to administer testing rules.
- Prepare documentation of cheating or dishonesty to assist in student discipline process.
- Inventory and order exams when necessary.
- Return testing materials to the appropriate instructors or agencies as required.
- Work with faculty to have the information/materials to proctor exams in a timely manner.
- Develop testing schedules that fit the needs of staff, faculty, students, and outside agencies.
- Work with students who have need of special accommodations, including but not limited to
reading tests, scribing tests, or providing a special testing climate.
- Ability to work independently in an efficiently-paced environment with attention to accuracy, details and deadlines required.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, administrators and the general public required.
- Phone skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Practiced/Experienced Negotiation Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal Communications.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings.
- (20) hours per week, Monday, Thursdays and 7:30am to 4:00 p.m.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
Minimum Work Experience
Experience in a fast paced, often changing, office environment, with the ability to skillfully multi-task.
- Knowledge of academic and business process, classroom set up and University communications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). The ability to converse with a diverse group of people and negotiate with people inside and outside BRCHS with opposing goals and objectives.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; understanding the needs of the BRCHS organization to determine future needs of the organization. Act rather than react to daily operations.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applications should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University employment application and background check authorization (), three letters of reference, via electronic email to:
Sally Lynch at