Associate Professor of Nursing (FNP)
Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS) Keigwin School of Nursing (SON)
12-month, tenured track full-time nursing faculty position.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching responsibilities include classroom and may include clinical instruction.
- Other position related responsibilities include: committee work, serve as chair for DNP student projects, university service, and academic advising.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required For Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or PhD in Nursing. Preference given for PhD.
- To be considered for the rank of Associate Professor, promotion to this rank at another university is required.
Minimum Work Experience
- No less than 5 years in the nursing profession.
- Academic teaching experience at the Baccalaureate or Graduate level.
- Current Florida nursing license or is eligible to obtain a nursing license in the state of Florida.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to email@example.com.