- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Advancement Services Coordinator - Gifts and Data Analysis
Advancement services Coordinator – Gifts and Data Analysis
Position Reports To:
Database and Research Manager
This position will provide general administrative support to the Senior Director of Advancement Services & Operations and the Database and Research Manager in maintaining the Raiser’s Edge database for the University Advancement Office with a specialization in gift processing, reporting and data integrity.
Essential Job Duties
- Interact with visitors, donors, Board of Trustee members and Jacksonville University personnel as appropriate.
- Attend events as needed and help facilitate check-in, clean-up, etc.
- Maintain a level of confidentiality knowing that information being able to be accessed is on a need to know basis and not all information accessed is available to everyone and discretion is to be observed
- Assist in general office projects such as mass mailings, event planning, printing facility arrangements, etc.
- Manages gift entry – checks, matching gifts, Gifts in Kind, stock and other.
- Joint management of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reviews undesignated gifts
- Gift receipting
- Fund/Appeal set-up and tracking
- Assists with pledge reminders
- Ad-hoc gift reporting
- External communications/procedural training – controller, cashier, departmental
- Bio-Demo updates associated with gifts
- Controller’s Office reports – daily batch and BBMS reconciliations
- Weekly Gifts List for departmental heads
- Manages DevData
- Serves as back up to the Database and Research Manager/Sr. Director, Advancement Services & Operations
- Data entry/maintenance back-up
- Processes online donations and creates receipts on a rotating basis
- Processes event registration and create receipts for the charitable portion if applicable on a rotating basis
- Oversees and participates in rotation of online gift and event registrations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fifty-five wpm typing skills, excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Skill in data management.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter with good initiative and use good judgment.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Occasional weekend hours may be required for special events.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar software, professional experience strongly preferred ideally in a fundraising environment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Applications and resumes can be sent to Chelsea Santoro at email@example.com.