1. Serve as a visible and proactive University representative within a 24/7 department charged with providing a secure environment for the University students, affiliates, quests and visitors.
2. Conduct patrols via foot and mountain style bikes to respond to emergencies, provide services and access functions as appropriate, personal escort services.
3. Provide safety awareness through daily contact with the University community and visitors by providing general safety information, directions, parking information.
4. Identify actual or potential safety hazards or conditions and coordinate a resolution with the appropriate department or area.
5. Provide assistance to University personnel in matters involving potential violations to University policy wherein conduct or behavioral expectations are disruptive to the mission of the University.
6. Respond to all emergencies to coordinate law enforcement, medical and/or fire services response to the incident, and to provide a proactive role after the emergency situation has concluded. Make appropriate notifications on campus emergencies as directed.
7. Prepare incident reports and related written communication and maintain activity logs as appropriate. Answer telephones. Dispatch calls via two-way radio.
8. Work special events to provide traffic, parking, and crowd control as needed.
9. Assist the parking program by monitoring parking areas, issuing citations and maintaining access to fire lanes, handicap spaces, and the roadways owned and or controlled by the University.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Security, Coordinator, or assigned Shift Supervisor.