1. John Leong gave a presentation about "An information indicator based on two-way shape memory alloys (SMAs)" at SPIE Smart Structures/NDE 2015 in San Diego, CA.
2. Engineering Department got a grant from EPIC to purchase a 3D printer with two extruders. We aim to manufacture more complicated hollow structures.
3. Engineering students Devin Pappas and Bryam Duque presented at FCHC in Miami in February 2015.
4. Six engineering students (Devin Pappas, John Leong, Bryam Duque, Chris Beachler, Weston Miller and Jonathan Maywood) will attend NCUR 2015 to present three projects.
5. Engineering faculty Dr Wang and Dr Huang (Chemistry Department) got a JU Research grant (2015-2016). They collaborated to work on the fabrication of an Ionic Polymer Metallic Composite.
6. The vice president of NSPE Nicole Buczkowski attended the FES Leadership Conference in 2014 summer.
7. Engineering students Devin Pappas, John Leong, and Bryam Duque got two JU undergraduate research grants (2014 Spring-2015 Spring).
8. Four Engineering students (Devin Pappas, John Leong, Stephen Cowan, and Max Orozco) presented their papers at JU symposium 2014.
9. Devin Pappas gave a presentation at SPIE Smart Structures/NDE 2014 about 'Haptics using a smart material for eyes-free interaction in personal devices'.
10. Bryam Duque's abstract about 'A Flexible and Hands Free Control Support for Mobile Devices based on Shape Memory Alloy' was accepted by NCUR 2014.
11. Engineering program got free samples of dry Ionic Polymer Metal Composite for Haptics application from the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan.
12. Engineering program and Physics department got a 3D printer this semester.