Executive MBA Admissions
Admission to the Executive MBA Program is highly selective and limited to those individuals who demonstrate potential for top management. The program is rigorous and requires the support of the candidate’s family, as well as their company. The decision for acceptance is based on an evaluation of the candidate’s undergraduate program and grades earned, work experience (10 or more years), professional recommendations and a personal interview. In rare circumstance, documented work experience may serve as fulfillment of a course of study.
Executive program candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, 10 years professional work experience with five years in a management role, proven track record of successful project, budget, product or resource management, an understanding of basic accounting, statistics and economics, proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Application process materials that must be submitted are:
- Completed online application which can be found at www.ju.edu/apply; select Graduate Students and select the Executive MBA program. If you encounter any difficulty with completing your application online, please call 904-256-7426.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your intellectual and professional abilities Graduate Recommendation Form .dot
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Any coursework completed outside the United States will require an official evaluation from a NACES approved organization. For list of approved organizations, please visit www.naces.org. Jacksonville University prefers World Education Services and an application for a course by course evaluation may be completed at www.wes.org.
- Statement of Intent
- Corporate Letter of Support
- Interview with the Graduate Program director once all above required documents have been received.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit a score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
All candidates admitted into the Executive MBA Program must attend as full-time students. The cohort, lock-step format, does not allow for transient students or transfer credits. If a student must drop out for personal reasons, it will be one full year before the student may be readmitted.
Upon acceptance into the program, a nonrefundable $1,500 deposit is required. The deposit is applied toward tuition for the first semester of the program. Executive MBA Program Tuition (19-months) is $51,000 (2013 cohort price). This includes books, International trip, software, fees and meals provided by the Graduate Programs Office during class days.
Cohorts begin every October, Apply Today!
All application materials should be mailed to:
Official documents should be mailed to the address below. Any electronic correspondence can be sent to Amurphy8@ju.edu
. Please be sure to reference your name, program you are applying to, and anticipated term start date on all correspondence.
Davis College of Business Graduate Programs Office
Attention: AnnaMaria Murphy
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3394