Accelerated MBA, FLEX MBA and MSOL Admissions
Admission is selective and limited to students who demonstrate a potential for successfully completing their respective graduate program. The Graduate Committee of the Davis College of Business has set the following criteria and requirements for application and admission to the program:
- A completed online application which can be found at www.ju.edu/apply. If you encounter any difficulty with completing your application online, please call 904-256-7426. Within the site, select Graduate Students and then select the appropriate program:
- Accelerated MBA program
- FLEX MBA Program
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution along with official transcript(s)of all scholastic work beyond high school. Any coursework completed outside the United States will require an official evaluation from a NACES approved organization. For list of approved organizations, please visit www.naces.org. Jacksonville University prefers World Education Services (WES) and an application for a course by course evaluation can be completed at www.wes.org.
- Submission of a GMAT or GRE score. Students graduating with a degree in business from an AACSB accredited institution who hold a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher are exempt from taking the GMAT or GRE.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation Graduate Recommendation Form .dot
- Submission of a statement of purpose essay summarizing the applicant's background, goals and interest in attending JU.
- Submission of a resume showcasing all work and educational background. Note: for FLEX and MSOL students a minimum three years of work experience is recommended.
- All students entering a MBA program must, by academic background and/or business experience, be knowledgeable in the areas of accounting, economics, finance, and statistical analysis. Students without these qualifications will be required to take the appropriate foundation courses. There are four (4) foundation courses: (1) Accounting; (2) Finance; (3) Economics; and (4) Statistics. Waiver of a required prerequisite course may be granted in certain unusual circumstances where documented work experience has supplied the required body of knowledge contained in the prerequisite course. Such documentation will be reviewed, and any waiver on this basis is at the discretion of the Director of the Graduate Business Programs. Note: These foundation courses are a required part of the MSOL curriculum.
In addition, international applicants must also meet the Jacksonville University International Student Admissions requirements as outlined below. Further, all international students are required to present a GMAT or GRE score and may need to interview with the Director of Graduate Business Programs.
- If first language is not English: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score will be required. Students must arrange for official test scores to be mailed directly by the testing agency. JU TOEFL code – 5331
- If the applicant is currently an international student at an institution in the United States fill out the Transfer Verification Form - http://www.ju.edu/files/InternationalApplication_REV2010_transfer-verif(1).pdf
- The I-20 form (a requirement for F-1 visa approval) will be issued only after the following ORIGINAL documents are in the applicant’s file and the applicant has been admitted to Jacksonville University:
- Confidential Financial Statement, signed by bank official -http://www.ju.edu/files/InternationalApplication_REV2010_financial-statement(1).pdf
- Original bank statement or letter if part 3 of the Confidential Financial Statement cannot be completed by a bank official
- If a government-sponsored student, official sponsorship certification
- If a JU scholarship student, grant-in-aid or scholarship award letter
- If a scholarship athlete, NCAA Eligibility Center certification and amateur certification
The Davis College of Business Graduate Programs has rolling admissions, however to ensure your application is processed for your requested semester please consider the following application deadlines. For international students, note that in order to ensure sufficient time to complete the F-1 visa approval process, students should arrange for all required documentation to arrive in the Office of Admission at least one month prior to the start of classes.
- August 1 Fall 1 (starts late August)
- October 1 Fall 2 (starts mid October)
- December 1 Spring 1 (starts early January)
- February 1 Spring 2 (starts early March)
- April 1 Summer 1 (starts early May)
- June 1 Summer 2 (starts early July)
FLEX MBA and MSOL classes start every 8 weeks; Accelerated MBA cohorts start every Fall and Spring, Apply Today!
Where to send my application materials?
Official documents should be mailed to the address below. Any electronic correspondence can be sent to Amurphy8@ju.edu. Please be sure to reference your name, program you are applying to, and anticipated term start date on all correspondence.
Davis College of Business, Graduate Business Programs
Attention: AnnaMaria Murphy
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3394