Undergraduate Admission to the Davis College of Business
Students must seek and gain admission to Jacksonville University to be eligible for admission to the Davis College of Business. The admission procedure for the Davis College of Business is separate from the admission procedure for the University.
Application for admission to Jacksonville University may be obtained online at www.ju.edu/apply or directly from the Offices of Admission in the Howard Building.
Applications must be returned to:
Office of Admission, Jacksonville University
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3396
Davis College of Business Admission Requirements
Admission requirements to DCOB:
- Entering students may declare business or aviation as a major. Many entering freshmen will declare a major of pre-business until they reach sophomore status.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 at Jacksonville University is required to declare any major in the DCOB.
- Transfer students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 from their prior institution(s).
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 at Jacksonville University must be maintained by business majors in order to remain in good standing (i.e., remain a business major) in the DCOB.
- If the minimum overall GPA drops below 2.5, the student will be placed on DCOB probation for one (1) semester. Failure to achieve a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 after one (1) semester will require the student to change to a major outside the DCOB.
- A student who fails to achieve a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 after being on probation for one semester, but subsequently achieves a minimum overall GPA of 2.5, may apply for readmission to the DCOB.
- These standards for admission would become effective for students entering Jacksonville University in the fall of 2010 and thereafter.
Davis College of Business Admission Process
Applicants to DCOB must:
- Gain admission to Jacksonville University.
- Submit a separate application for admission to the Davis College of Business.