The College of Health Sciences is dedicated to providing resources for our students, faculty and community to better understand Jacksonville as a city.
City of Jacksonville Facts
- Jacksonville is the First Coast region of northeast Florida on the banks of the St. Johns River, about 25 miles south of the Georgia state line and about 340 miles north of Miami.
- Jacksonville ranked No. 17 of 360 mid-sized cities as a best place to attend college. (Analysts at the American Institute of Economic Research - 2009).
- Jacksonville is one of the top 25 Metro Areas in the country for young adults. (BizJounrals - 2007)
- Jacksonville is a major military and civilian deep-water port.
- Jacksonville is the most populous city in Florida, and the twelfth most populous city in the United States. In 2010, there were 821,784 people in the city.
- Jacksonville is home to multiple military facilities, and a Naval Submarine Base Kinds Bay nearby, Jacksonville is the third largest naval presence in the country.
- The military is by far the largest employer in Jacksonville and its total economic impact is approximately $6.1 billion annually.
- The Jacksonville health care industry includes Baptist Health, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Nemours Children's Clinic, St. Vincent's HealthCare, and UF Health Jacksonville.
*Above facts garnered from the City of Jacksonville - Official Website - www.coj.netPlease click below to download the Jacksonville Community Council Inc.'s 2014 Quality of Life Progress Report: The 30th Annual Edition
30th Annual JCCI 2014 QOL.pdf
Please click below to download the 2014-2015 College of Health Sciences Organizational Chart:
2014-2015 College of Health Sciences Organizational Chart.pdf