JU Cheerleading Tryout Information
Tryouts are held twice per year. Dated to be announced.
• SPRING (April)- Open to returning JU students and incoming freshman (with acceptance letter).
*Participants who make the team will be required to arrive early in the fall for camp.
• FALL (August)- Open to all returning and new JU students.
All tryout material will be taught at the mandatory tryout clinic. Students will learn and perform the following:
Fight Song Dance
Toe Touch Jump
Stunts (stunts are judged based on skill level).
Tumbling is not required, but preferred.
*A sports medical physical and all JU sports medicine paperwork are required for all students participating at the tryout clinic and tryouts. Please print and fill out the required paperwork from the link below.
JU Cheerleading Tryout Medical Forms
• Cheer for all home football and men/women basketball games. (Football games are played on campus/Basketball games are played at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena)
• Travel with the teams for tournaments.
• Weight training twice a week with a professional strength and conditioning coach.
• Practices are held twice a week off campus at a cheerleading gym.
• Scholarships available after one full season with the team.
*Due to the demands of the football and basketball schedules, the JU cheerleading team does not compete.