UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION TO THE DAVIS COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Students must seek and gain admission to Jacksonville University to be eligible for admission to the Davis College of Business. The admission procedure for the Davis College of Business is separate from the admission procedure for the University. Application for admission to Jacksonville University may be obtained online or directly from the Offices of Admission in the Howard Building.
Applications must be returned to:
- Office of Admission, Jacksonville University
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3396
Davis College of Business Admission Requirements
Admission requirements to DCOB:
- Entering students may declare business or aviation as a major. Many entering freshmen will declare a major of pre-business until they reach sophomore status.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 at Jacksonville University is required to declare any major in the DCOB.
- Transfer students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 from their prior institution(s).
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 at Jacksonville University must be maintained by business majors in order to remain in good standing (i.e., remain a business major) in the DCOB.
- If the minimum overall GPA drops below 2.5, the student will be placed on DCOB probation for one (1) semester. Failure to achieve a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 after one (1) semester will require the student to change to a major outside the DCOB.
- A student who fails to achieve a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 after being on probation for one semester, but subsequently achieves a minimum overall GPA of 2.5, may apply for readmission to the DCOB.
- These standards for admission would become effective for students entering Jacksonville University in the fall of 2010 and thereafter.
Davis College of Business Admission Process
- Gain admission to Jacksonville University.
- Submit a separate application for admission to the DCOB after achieving sophomore status.
Davis College of Business Freshman Admission - A limited number of students may be admitted to the DCOB as freshmen, provided the following criteria are met:
- A minimum high school GPA of 3.5
- A minimum SAT score of 1100 (Math and Verbal) or equivalent ACT score.
- Approval by the Dean of the Davis College of Business or his designee.
- Exceptions to admissions criteria may be considered by the Dean of the Davis College of Business in consultation with the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
This program is designed for highly-motivated high school students entering Jacksonville University with interests in any major who at least have a high school GPA of 3.50 and SAT Critical Reading and Math scores totaling at least 1200 (ACT 27). If qualified, students will be conditionally admitted to the Accelerated (Full-time Day) MBA program when they apply as a high school senior. Students must maintain at least a 3.30 cumulative GPA in their undergraduate studies to maintain their acceptance in the Accelerated MBA program.
Qualified students seeking the 4+1 Bachelors/MBA will be required to complete an online Accelerated MBA application prior to November 1st of the student’s senior year. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test requirement will be waived upon submission of a JU undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher. An application will not be recognized as complete until the Davis College of Business Graduate Admissions office has received the following:
- 2 letters of recommendation
- a resume
- a statement of purpose
- a transcript showing the final grades of the fall semester courses for that senior year
Any student not meeting the entering GPA and SAT requirements as a new freshman may still apply for the Accelerated MBA program. They must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 and obtain an acceptable Graduate GMAT or GRE test score. The GMAT or GRE score would need to be taken during the beginning of the senior year.