Students whose major or minor is in the Davis College of Business may participate in the College internship program.
- Attain junior or senior status.
- Earn a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.
- Accounting majors also must have a 2.5 GPA or better in the major.
- All other majors must have a 3.0 GPA or better in the major.
Students must apply for an internship with the Student Services/Outreach Coordinator during the semester prior to registering for the internship. The coordinator, the faculty supervisor and the college dean must approve the internship. Availability depends on opportunities provided by organizations.
All interns are required to:
- Have a sponsor in the organization.
- Have a faculty supervisor from the student’s major field.
- Write a formal paper.
The number of hours worked per week and credit awarded will vary depending on the degree of responsibility, learning and independent work involved. A typical internship involves 15 hours per week for one semester for three (3) hours of credit. Credit ranges from one (1) to a maximum of six (6) credit hours per semester. No more than 12 hours of academic credit can be earned through the program and applied toward the fulfillment of the 120 credit hours required for a degree.