This 3/3 Program allows selected JU students to enter the Florida Coastal School of Law (FCSL) after completing only three years of undergraduate study at JU under the conditions enumerated below. Participants will earn both a baccalaureate degree and a JD under the 6-year program. JU participants must consult with the Advising Center as early as possible to ensure courses and sequencing are on-track.
Requirements and components of the 3/3 Program include:
- Eligible JU students must complete all core curriculum and major specific course requirements by the end of their junior year. The remaining general elective credits and/or up to 9 credits of elective courses within the major needed to earn the baccalaureate degree will be taken as a first year law student at FCSL and will satisfy the remaining requirements to obtain a BA, BS or a BBA degree from JU.
- Participants are able to earn no more than 30 units of lower division credit from an institution other than JU - all upper division course must be taken at JU, making participation in the program more difficult for transfer students.
- Participants must have their LSAT scores available by February of the junior year at JU.
- Participants must apply to FCSL no later than February of their junior year at JU.
- Eligible students must have a minimum LSAT score of 154.
- Eligible students must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (UGPA) of 3.30 as reported by Law School Admission Council.
- The first year of law school must be completed with the minimum cumulative GPA required by FCSL to remain in good standing.
- Full credits required for graduation from JU must be earned by the end of August following the first year of law school.