Students whose major or minor is in the College of Business may participate
in the College internship program.
- Attain junior or senior status.
- Earn a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.
- Accounting majors also must have a 2.5 GPA or better in the major.
- All other majors must have a 3.0 GPA or better in the major.
Students must apply for an internship with the Student Services/Outreach
Corrdinator during the semester prior to registering for the internship. The
coordinator, the faculty supervisor and the college dean must approve the
internship. Availability depends on opportunities provided by organizations.
All interns are required to:
- Have a sponsor in the organization.
- Have a faculty supervisor from the student’s major field.
- Write a formal paper.
The number of hours worked per week and credit awarded will vary depending on
the degree of responsibility, learning and independent work involved. A typical
internship involves 15 hours per week for one semester for three (3) hours of
credit. Credit ranges from one (1) to a maximum of six (6) hours per semester.
No more than 12 hours of academic credit can be earned through the program and
applied toward the fulfillment of the 120 credit hours required for a