Jacksonville University has established a fund to promote faculty research, scholarly and/or creative activity. The following are guidelines for eligibility and application.
Faculty may apply for either up to $2500 for reimbursement of direct research expenses or a one-course reassigned time for research, scholarly and/or creative work. Funding will be available for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Faculty are eligible to apply if they:
- Are full-time faculty who will be returning the following year
- Have a minimum of one-year of service at JU
- Did not have an award the previous year
Proposals will be due Nov. 15th with awards announced by Jan. 15th to allow for planning the following year. Please present copies of the proposal to the Faculty Affairs Committee and to the Chief Academic Officer (CAO).
Research proposals will be awarded by the CAO following the review and recommendation of the Faculty Affairs Committee, with consultation of the affected supervisor in the event of a faculty member taking reassigned time.
The proposal should not exceed 5 pages and will contain:
- An introduction that outlines background and need
- Methodology (brief description)
- Budget with justification (for cash award)
- One-page Curriculum Vitae
- Includes letter of support from Division Chair or Dean.