Fee-Free Day – April 16, 2016
at all National Parks
All National Parks are offering free admission for opening weekend of National Park Week. April 16: National Junior Ranger Day Explore, Learn, Protect! Kids can take part in fun programs and earn a junior ranger badge or become a Centennial Junior Ranger. April 22: Earth Day On Earth Day, if you want to roll up your sleeves and pitch in with a project, look for a park where you can help out. April 24: Park Rx Day Parks will host fun recreational activities that encourage healthy lifestyles and promote physical and mental well being.
Earth Day and Ecology Fair
at The Jacksonville Landing
- When: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Location: The Jacksonville Landing, 2 W. Independent Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Cost: Free
Join Earth Day Jacksonville and some of your favorite earth-friendly companies for a fun-filled day for the whole family! This year marks the 46th anniversary of Earth Day and the 26th anniversary of the Earth Day and Ecology Fair at The Jacksonville Landing. The public is invited to this FREE local festival to learn about conservation, reducing energy and water use, preventing pollution and how to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Over 70 Booths of Educational & Interactive Displays. Children's Crafts & Activities. Live Music & Entertainment on The Coca-Cola Stage. Children's Stage with Demonstrations and Interactive Kid-Friendly Activities. Face Painting. Prizes. Jacksonville Zoo Demonstrations. Bounce Houses and MUCH More!
- When: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: St. Augustine Outlet Mall(next to Bozard Ford) - 2700 State Road 16, St. Augustine, FL 32092
- Cost: $5 for children 2 and up, adults are free
Climb in Climb on Hands on fun with trucks, fire engines, cars, boats, and more!
Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival
- When: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Tree Hill Nature Center - Amphitheater 7152 Lone Star Road Jacksonville, FL 32211
- Cost: $5 - Adults
- $4 - Seniors/Military/Students
- $3 - Kids (3-17)
- FREE - Kids under 3 and members
Everyone is welcome at the Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival, a community event for children and adults alike. Each year the festival culminates in a live butterfly release, and is a chance to visit many local vendors, learn about Florida's ecosystem and help support Tree Hill Nature Center. All proceeds from the event go to science and conservation education through programming for youth and adults.