It’s easy to see that Jacksonville University is a veteran-friendly school:
- JU is a 100 percent-match Yellow Ribbon school, and between JU and the VA it covers the full cost of tuition for nearly all degree programs.
- The University strongly supports its veterans, who at nearly 350 students make up almost 10 percent of our student body.
- We have one of the largest Navy ROTC programs in the country and have commissioned more than 1,250 Navy Ensigns and Marine Corps Second Lieutenants.
- The first NROTC Unit in Florida was formally dedicated at Jacksonville University in 1971.
- In November 2013, a new Student Veterans of America study center (the Defender's Den) opened, creating a gathering spot and place to relax for our student veterans.
But numbers tell only part of the story. In this Month of Heroes special feature, we are taking a closer look at the special qualities and experiences of some of our student veterans, past and present.