The Tutoring and Learning Center at Swisher Library is a free service for JU students of all disciplines to receive assistance with course material. Students can work in a group setting or individually Monday-Friday, see times below. Meet with your peer tutors who have been recommended by faculty and specifically trained to help you broaden your knowledge and understanding of class materials.
Come widen your methods of learning, make connections in and among your classes, understand assignments, and preparing for presentations and tests.
Walk-In or Appointment Tutoring
• All TLC tutoring is completely free.
• As a Walk-In student, you will work with a peer tutor one-on-one in the TLC.
• Make sure to bring: your assignment, notes, outlines you have made, and a printed copy of
your paper (if applicable).
• A writing tutor will be available most evenings.
• Tutors can assist with study skills, test preparation, and assistance with concepts.
• Course subjects not offered on a walk- in bases can be accommodated by appointment tutors.
• Hours for tutoring by appointment will be arranged for your convenience by the center’s
Walk-Ins welcomed Swisher Library 3rdfloor
Mon-Thurs: 9 am -9 pm TLC ~ Tutoring and Learning Center
Fri: 9 am - 4 pm Phone: 256-7104
TLC ~ Tutoring and Learning Center