One of the strengths of the Jacksonville University Public Policy Institute is its extraordinary internship program. Internship is an opportunity for students to apply and grow skills in the real world. The Institute has developed an extensive network of public, private and non-profit agencies to provide internships to MPP students, including:
- The Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration
- Governor Rick Scott's Internship Program
- City of Jacksonville
- St. Johns River Water Management District
- JEA Co-Op Program
- Holland and Knight LLP
- The Fiorentino Group
- Florida East Coast Industries "All Aboard Florida" Campaign
- Florida Blue
- Jacksonville Public Education Fund
All MPP students at JU are required to complete an internship with an Institute Internship Partner, or through study aboard, employment with a public or private organization involved in public policymaking, or other work experience related to public policy.
Organizations interested in establishing an Institute Internship Partnership may email firstname.lastname@example.org.