Jacksonville University Welcomes New Center for Professional Studies
Jacksonville, Fla.—Jacksonville University introduced its new Center for Professional Studies (CPS) at an opening reception on September 19 in the Davis College of Business.
“The center will not only connect students to companies in the Jacksonville community through its partnerships but help graduates land jobs after graduation,” said Earnie Franklin ’03, president
and CEO of Incepture. “These companies know that the University is teaching its students the skills that they are looking for and need to be competitive in today’s market, which will cause them to
more likely hire a JU grad.”
The CPS is JU’s main campus resource center for the Accelerated Degree Program, Graduate and Doctorate Students. It recruits programs for working adults, as well as a host of signature graduate
programs in business, education, nursing, mathematics, marine science, dance choreography and its newest program, The Doctor of Nursing Practice.
“The creation of the Center for Professional Studies is yet another example of Jacksonville University’s commitment to serving the needs of its graduate and adult students,” said Terry Whittum, senior vice president for enrollment management.
“Busy adult students have unique needs and the Center will provide a “service oriented” one-stop center for student issues with admissions, financial aid, registration, etc. In addition, the CPS will oversee the growth and development of new academic programs, administrative structures, resources and community partnerships for JU’s adult student population. The CPS will offer student services for current adult students and alumni for assistance in reaching their academic potential, personal and professional goals for career achievement or advancement, internship opportunities and one-on-one mentoring and tutoring.”
Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Lois Becker adds, “It is vital to both higher education and the well-being of our communities that institutions see to the needs of the adult learner. CPS will do this for our community.”
CPS brings the following JU programs to the Jacksonville adult learning community:
ACCELERATED DEGREE PROGRAM:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with majors in: Finance, General Business, Management or Marketing.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Social Sciences
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Leadership and Learning degree with concentrations in Educational Leadership, Instructional Leadership and Organizational Development and Sport Management Leadership, as well as a Teacher Certification Preparation Program through the School of Education
- Master of Arts in Mathematics (MA) through the College of Arts & Sciences
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degrees with Day and Evening Programs as well as an Executive MBA through the Davis College of Business
- Master of Arts or Master of Science (MA/MS) in Marine Science through the College of Arts & Sciences
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Choreography through the College of Fine Arts
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree with concentrations in Administration, Joint Administration and MBA, Educator or Family Nurse Practitioner with or without Emergency Nurse Practitioner sub specialization, through the School of Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) through the School of Nursing
For more information, visit www.ju.edu/cps or call 256-7811.