Welcome to the College of Health Sciences
The vision of the College of Health Sciences at Jacksonville University is:
- To be the region’s premier provider of leading-edge health sciences education, with a commitment to preparing health professionals for careers defined by excellence in practice, community service and lifelong professional development.
- To prepare for the future, our new master plan calls for the College of Health Sciences to offer a three-pronged educational approach:
- Nursing programs: Continued growth in our Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs.
- Allied Health: New master’s programs in:
- Speech-Language Pathology (2014)
- Occupational Therapy (2016)
- Health Administration: New master’s programs in:
- Health Information Management (2014
- Health Executive Leadership (2015)
With the expected burst of demand in the need for health care, our plan is designed to meet our growth needs. A linchpin to that is the ASPIRE Campaign’s $20 million in funding to include a new 45,000-square-foot College of Health Sciences with dedicated classrooms, faculty and staff offices, meeting rooms, a multidisciplinary, state-of-the-art simulation learning center, and a computer laboratory.