All nursing applicants must first submit the Jacksonville University Undergraduate Application located online athttps://recruiter.ju.edu/datatel.erecruiting.web.external/Pages/Welcome.aspx. After the University application has been submitted, the applicant may submit their completed nursing application. The completed nursing application must include all supporting materials, which are the nursing application, application fee, transcripts, and recommendation forms. Applicants should make and retain a copy of their application, including all supporting materials, as the School of Nursing will not return any submitted materials.
DEADLINES: The School of Nursing application and all supporting materials must be postmarked by the following deadlines:
Traditional Program - April 1
Fall Transfer Program - April 1
Summer Transfer Program - December 1
Second Degree Program - December 1
All nursing applications are evaluated after the established deadline. Applicants may apply to the School of Nursing before the program admission requirements have been completed; however, program admission requirements must be completed prior to enrollment.
Please contact the School of Nursing's Director of Enrollment and Program Development at (904)256-7286 or firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
- Apply to Jacksonville University
- Submit, to the Office of Admission, official college/university transcripts from all institutions attended
- Applicants will receive an email from the Office of Admission with a link to Nursing Application
- Submit completed School of Nursing Application. Applicants are required to submit, in one (1) package, the following:
- a. Nursing application
- b. Application fee
- c. Three completed recommendation forms
- d. Transcripts from all college/universities attended. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted. Please note these transcripts are in addition to what is submitted to the University.
- Admission decisions are released in March for the program tracks beginning in the summer semester and June for the programs tracks beginning in the fall semester.
- The School of Nursing is a limited access program. Applicants will be evaluated in each of the following areas:
- Overall undergraduate grade point average
- Calculated using all undergraduate courses completed. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission
- Prerequisite course grade point average
- Calculated using completed nursing prerequisite courses. If a prerequisite course has been repeated then the higher grade will be used. Nursing prerequisite courses with less than a "C" grade may be repeated once and no more than two courses with less than a "C" grade may be repeated. Exceptions to this requirement may be requested by letter to the School of Nursing Admissions, Progression, and Retention Committee.
- Qualified nursing applicants will interview with members of JU's nursing faculty. The School of Nursing will contact applicants via email to schedule the interview. Applicants living within an eight (8) hour driving distance of Jacksonville University's campus are required to interview on campus. Applicants living more than an eight (8) hour driving distance of Jacksonville University's campus will interview via Skype. Applicants should monitor their email inbox and junk/spam folders for the interview email. Two attempts will be made to contact the applicant using the email address provided on the nursing application. Failure to respond will cancel the applicant's nursing application.
- After the interview, the faculty member will assign the essay topic. Applicants will have 15 minutes to complete the assigned topic.
- Recommendation Forms
- Three recommendation forms are required. Two must be from a professional source and the third from a personal source. Recommendations forms completed by immediate family members will not be accepted.